Outline of this episode
- [1:06] The upcoming Mazak event, “Mazak Discover 2015” – click to register for this incredible event.
- [3:12] Introduction to this episode: An inspiring story about following your passion!
- [3:45] Industry news – Jim and Jason’s participation on a panel at DMDII discussing smart manufacturing, and Jason’s journey in working through some acquisitions for his company.
- [6:10] Introduction of today’s guest: Michelle Mabry.
- [7:50] Michelle’s move to Chicago as the catalyst that moved her into the field of welding.
- [9:00] What inspired Michelle about welding?
- [10:15] Michelle’s enrollment in a welding class: what she learned and the certifications she is earning.
- [14:00] Michelle’s aspirations to teach welding once she’s finished with her education.
- [16:02] Hopes for the future: Sculptures, encouraging others to consider their possibilities, and the desire to help others excel.)
- [17:56] How to get the younger generation or women interested in the manufacturing industry.
- [19:21] How a welding lab can breed confidence in people who otherwise might not have it.
- [20:26] The power of manufacturing skills to give people a new lease on life and dreams for their future.
- [22:04] What the average manufacturing employer is looking for.
- [22:43] Michelle’s “Ah Ha!” moment when she knew manufacturing was what she wanted to do.
- [23:20] How Michelle dealt with the naysayers.
- [24:16] The importance of women in the manufacturing industry.
Links mentioned in this episode
Or call us at 312-725-0245
Tweets you can use to tell others about the episode
[shareable]How #manufacturing skills can inspire and motivate people to a better more productive life[/shareable]
[shareable]Using #welding to #inspire and #motivate others, in this episode of #MakingChips[/shareable]