Marketing is an important part of any business. It’s got to be because it’s how you let people know who you are and what you do. That’s something that can never change. But the WAY you are marketing has GOT to change. Why? Because the world we live in changes. People are repulsed or attracted by different things today than they were even a few years ago. Marketing has got to flex with the times.
In this episode of Making Chips, Jim Carr and Jason Zenger walk you through their personal mindset about marketing for the manufacturing industry, focusing on the old-school marketing tactics that don’t work in the modern era. Some of them are seen as “staples” of good marketing but simply don’t yield results and wind up wasting money. Listen in to find out what they are.
A peek into this episode: Interruption marketing. Do you know what that is? Do you know why it’s probably the WORST way to get attention for your manufacturing business? And do you know if you’re doing it or not? If you didn’t know what it was in the first place, chances are you are still doing it. Listen to this episode to learn how to modify your marketing tactics so you can be more effective in generating interest in your services and products.
Do you use the Yellow Pages to market your business? Jim and Jason believe the good old YP are a thing of the past as well. The ways people search for information have gone increasingly online and less toward print. The advent of smartphone technology is making that more true every day. The money you spend for those expensive yellow pages ads could be money wasted. Jim and Jason will explain it in the episode.
In manufacturing news, there’s a growing need for skilled, quality people in the manufacturing industry. Opportunities are abundant and more are popping up every day. There’s plenty of room for advancement and good salaries. There’s also a tremendous need in our country for new education surrounding manufacturing and the opportunities that abound in the industry. Listen to this episode of Making Chips to find out more details about this great opportunity.
All this and more on this episode of Making Chips!
Here’s the outline of the conversation
- The possibility of sponsorship opportunities for the Making Chips podcast.
- News items: Quality people needed in the manufacturing industry.
- No more interruption marketing – do you know what that means?
- What about the yellow pages and manufacturing directories? Should you really be in there?
- Are you a spammer? You might be surprised.
- General radio advertisements.
- Line cards, facilities lists, and brochures – do you need them?
- What is permission-based marketing? It’s the new way marketing works today.
- Do you know what inbound marketing is? You need to.
- Jim and Jason’s personal top No-No’s of traditional marketing.
Links mentioned on this episode
Or call us at 312-725-0245