There is an old saying: “Expect the best, prepare for the worst.” It’s not something we want to think about, and it can be a difficult topic to discuss. Crises don’t happen very often, but when they do occur, they tend to have significant consequences. Without a well-thought out, strategic plan, your business is at risk of being completely caught off guard should a disaster happen.
“Know that a crisis will happen at some point. It’s just a question of how big it is or how small it is. The trick is being prepared.”
– Scott McPherson
On this extended episode of MakingChips, we talk Public Relations with Scott McPherson, Principal at McPherson Public Affairs Group. Scott also shares some important tips on crisis preparation, including steps you should take to properly manage a crisis in your manufacturing shop. In Manufacturing News, we discuss the resurgence of vinyl records and it’s impact on record manufacturers. We also speak on the phone with Peter Eelman, Vice President – Exhibitions and Communications, AMT, about this year’s upcoming International Manufacturing Technology Show.
- [00:07] – Intro
- [01:45] – Springtime in Chicago
- [02:44] – Manufacturing News
- [07:53] – What’s New at ZENGER’S Industrial Supply
- [08:40] – What’s New at CARR Machine & Tool
- [09:15] – IMTS 2016
- [09:57] – Call in with Peter Eelman
- [17:05] – Sandvik Coromant
- [18:20] – Welcome Scott McPherson
- [20:15] – What does McPherson Public Affairs do?
- [21:15] – How can my company benefit from a P.R. firm?
- [23:40] – What Was Old Is New Again
- [25:50] – Crisis: What are the things you should do right away?
- [29:40] – How do you prepare for a crisis?
- [33:08] – An Unfortunate Incident
- [37:01] – Handle Things Right Away
- [38:20] – Litigious Situation
- [40:50] – What are the very basic ways to be prepared?
- [42:06] – Reach out to Scott
- [43:00] – MakingChips Mastermind
- [44:05] – Conclusion of Episode
Mentioned in this Episode:
We Want to Hear From You:
- Telephone: (312) 725-0245