Senior Web Designer
Title: Senior Web Designer
Type: Full time
Location: Rockford, IL
We are looking for a talented designer to create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful web and graphic design. They should also have superior user interface design skills.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, reliable, detailed, and driven to produce high quality work. This individual must thrive in a fast-paced environment. This person must be able to take conceptual ideas and turn them into functional and discoverable products.
Lastly, this person must have the ability to communicate with clarity, effectively articulating their design decisions with co-workers, while being open to constructive feedback, knowing additional input will only make themselves stronger.
Your responsibilities will include...
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off
- Conceptualize original website design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex roadblocks
- Create designs that look amazing, but ultimately accomplish the end business goal
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key deliverables to peers and stakeholders, internally for MakingChips and to clients directly
- Execute user-centered design processes while balancing the aesthetics and usability of designs
- Coordinate with teammates, especially developers, to achieve the end result
You must have..
- Proven work experience as a designer within the web and graphical space
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign or any other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- The ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Be up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies
- Basic understanding of on-page SEO
It would be a great addition if you have...
- Familiarity with online analytics, the terminology, and the analysis of such data
- Experience working with clients in the manufacturing industry
- A working knowledge of manufacturing processes and the machine tool industry
Our benefits include...
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life/AD&D insurance
- Retirement planning & company matching
- PTO & holiday pay
- Eligibility for bonuses bianually and yearly
MakingChips started as a podcast four years ago and has provided interviews, information, and inspiration in the manufacturing industry ever since then.
Now the MakingChips podcast is the most popular podcast in the industry for manufacturing leaders and owners.
Recently, MakingChips became a full service agency to serve manufacturers so they can experience greater success through marketing and sales.
We are growing quick and will continue to strive toward the mission that has driven us from the very beginning... equipping and inspiring the manufacturing leader.
Join our team and become part of the growth!
The core values we live by..
- Passionate craftsperson:
- Manufacturers are passionate about their craft -- And we're no different. We may not be making machined parts, but we are designing and building the growth engines that help sell them, and that's what gets us revved up.
- High character characters:
- Be who you are and enjoy what you’re doing, but keep it classy; If you're going to be an influencer -- be a positive one.
- Content cultured:
- We are always telling stories and thinking how can we repurpose those stories; content is our product. We’re well cultured when it comes to content; we know our trade, we’re thought leaders in our space.
- Intelligent designers:
- Everything we create is created on purpose and for a purpose. We're content producers that produce thoughtful, high-quality programs that drive results
- We made this word up, and that's why we like it. We thrive off our differences and we don't take ourselves too seriously. In an always changing, marketing agency we have to be a team of creative and multi-faceted individuals
- If you’re not making chips, you’re not making money, and you have a hard time making chips without a cutting edge. Our content is never a commodity. We believe 'different' is always better than 'better'.