Guest Steve Schubert, Chief Operating Officer at Advanced Machine & Engineering Co., talks with co-hosts Jim Carr, Nick Goellner, and Jason Zenger about his rise from high school apprentice to a manufacturing industry leader and provides advice and perspective on recruiting and training the next generation of manufacturers.
- Jason provides a positive outlook on business-related changes prompted by COVID-19 (2:10)
- Nick introduces manufacturing news about a recent drop in Europe’s automotive industry sales (4:05)
- Guest Steve Schubert explains how he first got involved in manufacturing (10:00)
- Steve discusses his experience with formal apprenticeship and gives some thoughts on alternative educational opportunities and what it will take to build future manufacturing leaders (21:00)
- Steve gives insight into recruitment and discusses specific sources for finding future employees (28:00)
- Jason and Jim discuss whether or not it is the company’s responsibility to teach soft skills (33:00)
- Steve provides advice on how small companies can benefit from apprenticeship programs and gives final thoughts on the benefits of a career in manufacturing (36:00)
- Jim, Nick, and Jason provide final takeaways (42:00)
Mentioned on the show:
Connect with us:www.MakingChips.com/contact
The Boring Bar Newsletter - Text CHIPS to 38470 to subscribe!