On this special episode of MakingChips, we recap the 2016 Crain's Manufacturers Summit with interviews from several VIP guests. First, we speak with John Sapiente of Elgin Die Mold and Trident Manufacturing about the challenges of running two businesses. Second, we have Jason Scher of Vosges Chocolate who speaks to us about working with your spouse, and the evolution of Vosges Chocolate. We also have a conversation with Tom Pellette of Caterpillar, where we discuss Caterpillar's supply chain relationships with machining companies, as well as the economic future of manufacturing. Lastly, we talk with Sagar Patel of Woodward about their recent expansion, and promoting manufacturing to future generations. At the end of this episode, we recap what we took away from the event.
- John Sapiente - President at Trident Manufacturing, Inc.
- Jason Scher - Chief Operating Officer at Vosges Chocolate
- Tom Pellette - Group President of Caterpillar Inc.
- Sagar Patel - President, Aircraft Turbine Systems at Woodward
- [00:07] - Episode Preview
- [01:40] - Welcome John Sapiente
- [02:06] - Elgin Die Mold’s Vision
- [04:05] - Trident Manufacturing - Driving Out Waste
- [05:05] - Wearing Many Hats
- [05:50] - Welcome Jason Scher
- [06:30] - Working With Your Spouse
- [07:56] - Evolution of Vosges Chocolate
- [09:50] - Welcome Tom Pellette
- [10:15] - Caterpillar’s Supply Chain Relationships
- [12:15] - Economic Future
- [13:40] - Sustainability Trends
- [15:10] - Welcome Sagar Patel
- [16:00] - Woodward’s Expansion in Illinois
- [19:25] - Promoting Manufacturing’s Image
- [22:10] - Recapping 2016 Crain’s Manufacturers Summit
- [23:45] - Small Donation for Ryan
- [25:30] - Conclusion of Episode
Mentioned in this Episode: