Today on MakingChips: We are coming to you from the Sandvik Coromant Headquarters located in Fair Lawn, New Jersey. On this episode, we have a conversation with special guest Troy Stashi, Industry & Application Specialist in Automotive/Milling at Sandvik Coromant. Troy shares his expertise on several different topics including milling, efficiency, and trends in machining. In manufacturing news, we talk about HP's cutting edge 3D printer. We also discuss our upcoming MakingChips events including our live broadcast from the floor of IMTS 2016.
- [02:38] - Manufacturing News
- [05:15] - What's new with Jason?
- [06:15] - Mastermind and Workshop
- [09:22] - MakingChips at IMTS 2016
- [11:05] - What's new with Jim?
- [12:38] - Welcome Troy Stashi of Sandvik Coromant
- [13:55] - Troy's History with Sandvik Coromant
- [16:26] - Solving The Most Common Problems
- [22:00] - Trends in Milling Cutters
- [26:15] - Programming
- [31:33] - Coolant vs. No Coolant
- [35:30] - Coating Technology
- [37:50] - Conclusion of Episode
Mentioned in this Episode:
We Want to Hear From You, The Metalworking Nation:
- Telephone: (312) 725-0245