Today on MakingChips: We welcome a very special VIP guest to our show, Sean Holt - President for the Americas at Sandvik Coromant. Sean has more than twenty years of engineering, business development and management experience. He is currently responsible for Sandvik Coromant's organization in North and South America. Sean shares his background with us, his history with Sandvik, and weighs in on what he believes defines a great manufacturing leader. We also discuss the importance of communication, the future of cutting tools, and what we can do to change the perception of manufacturing. Jim and Jason talk about MakingChips' highly anticipated Mastermind Series & Workshop, and we share more information about the upcoming International Manufacturing Trade Show (IMTS 2016).
- [02:40] - Manufacturing News - mitchell lace manufacturing
- [04:45] - What’s New with Jason?
- [06:05] - MakingChips Mastermind Series
- [08:15] - IMTS 2016
- [09:35] - News at ZENGERS
- [12:00] - Introducing Sean Holt
- [14:20] - Sean’s Background
- [16:30] - What Defines a Great Manufacturing Leader?
- [19:15] - Diversifying Key Industries
- [23:33] - Communication is Critical
- [25:25] - Future of Cutting Tools
- [28:25] - Changing Perception of Manufacturing
- [30:57] - Engaging the Younger Generations
- [33:02] - Opportunities in the Future
- [35:15] - Utilizing Podcasts for Communication
- [38:00] - Conclusion of Episode
Mentioned in this Episode:
We Want to Hear From You, The Metalworking Nation:
- Telephone: (312) 725-0245