In this week's podcast, hosts Jim Carr and Jason Zenger invite guests Paul Van Metre, Co-Founder of ProShop ERP, and Matt Gawlik, President of 3D Industries to discuss what it takes to properly implement a new ERP in a machine shop, and how it can change your culture.
Connect with us: www.MakingChips.com/contact
Listen to the "guys that get dirty on the factory floor" on all major audio platforms and channels.
- How the ERP revolution shifted our culture (1:47)
- Teasing our special guests (2:56)
- Putting on makeup is fun? IMTS interview (3:33)
- What’s new with Jason: Zengers, Black Industrial (5:00)
- Discussing this week’s manufacturing news (6:20)
- Introducing our guest: Paul Van Metre from ProShop (13:13)
- Introducing our other guest: Matt Gawlik, President of 3D Industries (14:10)
- The origin story of “3D Industries” (15:20)
- How Matt found ProShop (16:45)
- Jim: Using the wrong ERP for 20 years (19:52)
- Matt: Rehabilitating the company to implement the perfect ERP (20:45)
- Jason: What is a Pirate ship company? (27:25)
- Roadblocks when implementing a new ERP (28:00)
- ProShop features that hit the spot for Machine shops (30:45)
- What is your estimator doing all day now? (33:55)
- Matt: Extracting data from the minds of employees is a necessary safeguard (34:45)
- Culture Shift: Before and After ProShop (38:50)
- Paul: Implementing ERPs is a team commitment (43:45)
The Boring Bar Newsletter - Text CHIPS to 38470 to subscribe!
Connect With MakingChips